Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) Overview

Educational assistance is available to members of the military, as well as to veterans. The Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) is designed for members of the Reserve that have been called or ordered to active duty. This is as a result of a response to war or a national emergency as it may have been declared by the President or the Congress. The assistance program falls under the GI Bill.
[Read more…]

A Guide To The MyCAA


It’s very difficult to succeed in the modern world without a college degree, and the US government has graciously extended its hand to the spouses of active military personnel. While they’re defending American’s freedoms, their spouses may qualify for a host of benefits that will improve both of their lives once they return.

Who is Eligible?

The first thing to factor in is a service member’s pay grade. Each part of the military has its own system, and spouses of service members that are in the E-1 through E-5, W-1 and W-2, and O-1 and O-2 qualify for financial assistance. All higher pay grades will disqualify them from the MyCAA program.

Spouses that are within the military who are on Title 10 orders don’t qualify for assistance. Likewise, spouses who are legally separated from their partner don’t qualify for benefits. Anyone that’s married to a member of the Coast Guard can’t qualify for benefits, and those who can’t start and complete their courses while their military sponsor is on a Title 10 order won’t get financial help.
[Read more…]